Date:      Fri, 19 Jan 2001 20:13:50 -0800
From:      "Dave Walton" <walton@onlinemusic.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>, freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: suiddir and samba

On 19 Jan 2001, at 19:29, Doug White wrote:

> Use samba's 'inherit permissions' option instead. (or something like that,
> I don't have the man page handy)

I've got "inherit permissions = yes", so the read/write bits are
inherited properly, but as it says in the samba docs:

"Note that the setuid bit is *never* set via inheritance (the code
explicitly prohibits this)."

So samba won't set that bit, even with inheritance turned on.  But
as I understand it, suiddir should cause the inheritance to happen
at the filesystem level.  So how come it's not getting set when
samba creates a directory?

Thanks,
Dave