Date:      Mon, 23 Sep 2002 09:54:07 +0800
From:      David Xu <davidxu@freebsd.org>
To:        Gavin Atkinson <gavin@ury.york.ac.uk>
Cc:        Current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: VESA 800x600 console not working

I have two patches:
http://people.freebsd.org/~davidxu/vm86.diff
http://people.freebsd.org/~davidxu/vm86_2.diff
the first patch is to keep vm86lock as a sleep lock,  and allow the
thread calling vm86 bios could be preempted, but still only one
thread can call vm86 bios.  so if we want a sleep mutex in trap() code
execute path, it hasn't problem.

the second patch try to keep source code modification minimal,
change vm86lock to spin lock, don't allow to be preempted when calling
vm86 bios, but if someday someone wants a sleep mutex in trap() code
execute path, it would have trouble.

you can select one of them to apply. I am not maintainer of VM86 code,
so I have trouble to commit this patch unless someone allow me to do.

David Xu