Date:      Mon, 23 Dec 1996 22:47:34 +1100 (EST)
From:      Andrew <andrew@ugh.net.au>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Running a shell instead of getty?

On Sun, 22 Dec 1996, Doug White wrote:

> You could blank out your password, then all you need is your username to
> get in.

Thats how I have got it set up at the moment but it leaves me a bit open
to ppl when I put the modem on :-) I solved that with the help of
login.access but ftp dosn't apparently work when you have no password. I
created another user with a password and put us both in the same group and
have a script that rns from cron that copies the permissions from the user
field to the group field for every file owned by either user but its still
a hastle.

If I could just run shells on my Vs things would be much easier :-)

Thanks,

Andrew