Date:      Thu, 27 Mar 1997 21:30:59 -0600 (CST)
From:      Guy Helmer <ghelmer@cs.iastate.edu>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        "K. Marsh" <durang@u.washington.edu>, Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>, Luigi Montanez <prankster83@geocities.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Iomega zip-zoom scsi accelerator not supported?

On Thu, 27 Mar 1997, Doug White wrote:

> On Sun, 16 Mar 1997, K. Marsh wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 16 Mar 1997, Randall Hopper wrote:
> > > K. Marsh:
> > >  |On Sat, 15 Mar 1997, Luigi Montanez wrote:
> > >  |> Does anyone know if the Zip or any other Iomega drive will work w/ FreeBSD?
> > >  |> How about the Microtek scanners?
> >
> > I suppose my problem has been that I got the Iomega-recommened zip-zoom
> > scsi accelerator for my zip drive. (it's an Adaptec AVA-1502e.)

I have the Iomega Zip ZOOM SCSI card in one of my home systems, and
FreeBSD's aic driver works fine with it -- I may have had to adjust the
I/O address and interrupt number in the kernel, but otherwise it has
worked well.

I would have preffered a better SCSI card, but it was cheap...

Guy Helmer, Computer Science Grad Student, Iowa State - ghelmer@cs.iastate.edu
http://www.cs.iastate.edu/~ghelmer