Date:      Wed, 26 Nov 1997 07:20:21 +0800 (WST)
From:      Terry Dwyer 61 8 9491 5161 <tdwyer@io.telstra.com.au>
To:        Andrew <perrya@python.shoal.net.au>
Cc:        John Richards <john@zyqad.co.uk>, freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org

I get my Release subscription delivered about 12 days after the invoice
is printed.  In the case of 2.2.5R invoice date 12/11/1997 delivery date
20/11/1997.  I don't know how WC deals with subscription customers as
opposed to one-off sales, but it seems reasonably timely to me.

I've been subscribed with WC since 2.1.7.1R.  They helped me out with a
subscription problem I had with an Australian reseller who regularly
screwed up my subscription - late, duplicated, never arrived - even to
the extent that when the .au distributor sent (and billed me for) two
copies of 2.1.7R, WC replaced _both_ of them with 2.1.7.1R (the security
fix).

I don't recall seeing too many companies with return and refund
policies as good as WC's.

I'm a fan of WC. 8-)

On Wed, 26 Nov 1997, Andrew wrote:

> I dunno about subscriptions but when I ordered my copy of 2.2.2 from
> Walnut Creek it took over 2 months to get to Australia from America.
>
> Andrew Perry
>
> On Tue, 25 Nov 1997, John Richards wrote:
>
> > Date: Tue, 25 Nov 97 17:00:18 +0000
> > From: John Richards <john@zyqad.co.uk>
> > To: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Has anyone, outside the US and esp in UK, received their subscription copies of
> > 2.2.5 yet?  I only subscribed at 2.2.2 and have not received mine yet and I was
> > just wondering if a 2+ week delay from announcement to receipt was normal?

I would think it's not too easy to process all the subscription orders at
once and continue servicing other regular orders as well.  There are only
so many hours in the day 8-).  Two weeks doesn't seem that bad to me.

> > If it is I'll just carry on waiting, otherwise I'll chase WC and see what is
> > happening.
> >

> > Bye
> >
> > John
> > (Play Violin & Ride Bike - but not at the same time)
> > ********************************************************************************
> > John Richards                           * email : john@zyqad.co.uk
> > Zyqad Ltd,                              *
> > Suite 25, The Business Park,            *
> > Technology Drive, Beeston               * tel   : +44 115 922 0820
> > NOTTINGHAM. NG9 2ND.                    * fax   : +44 115 967 8374

   _-_|\    Terry Dwyer 	      E-Mail    Work: tdwyer@io.telecom.com.au
  /     \   System Administrator             Private: tdwyer@omen.com.au
  *_.^\_/   Telstra Corporation   Phone: +61 8 9491 5161  Fax: +61 8 9221 2631
       v    Perth  Western Australia   (I do not speak for Telstra or Telecom)