Date:      Thu, 08 Jan 1998 13:19:11 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        The Classiest Man Alive <ksmm@cybercom.net>
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: LS-120, Riva 128, ASUS motherboard

> Does anybody have any experience (good or bad) with the LS-120 floppy
> drive upgrades?  I'm interested in how they perform with FreeBSD and/or
> Windows.

The LS-120 is not (yet) supported by the base system.  Just today this
was posted:

To: mike@smith.net.au
Cc: hackers@freebsd.org
Subject: New ATAPI LS-120 driver
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 10:25:59 +0900
From: Satoh Junichi <junichi@astec.co.jp>

I updated the ATAPI LS-120 driver for FreeBSD2.2.5-RELEASE and
3.0-971208-SNAP. It supports slices and partitions.

It's now available on
	http://www.jp.freebsd.org/~junichi

---
Junichi

which you might want to try.

> Does anyone know if anything special needs to be done to get the ASUS
> P2L97 to work with more than 64 MB of RAM (BIOS settings, switches,
> anything)?

If this is a VX or TX board, forget it.

\\  end it's only with yourself.  \\