Date:      Tue, 02 May 2000 16:07:51 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>
To:        Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
Cc:        Dan O'Connor <dan@mostgraveconcern.com>, Scott <sbarron@ansic.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATAPI CDR's in 4.0-RELEASE

Trevor Johnson wrote:

> > It will be interesting to see what the fix is. There was one message
> > about adding "sleep(10);" in burncd.c right after where it writes the
> > message about
> > if (!quiet)
> >         fprintf(stderr, "fixating CD, please wait..\n");
> > sleep(10);
> >
> > In the messages I read, it shouldn't matter but it also worked for me.
>
> I tried doing that, but it didn't help.  I have an 8100.
>
> I've attached the patches that Soren Schmidt (sos@freebsd.org) sent me.
> He said he'd be tidying them up and committing them to -CURRENT, then
> MFCing them, but that it was okay to pass them along.  Note that they're
> two patches to the same file.

I wrote him and he sent them to me but he didn't say I could pass them
on; however, he said that if they worked for me, he would commit them
ASAP. I got rid of the sleep and re-built burncd. Then I created a new
kernel with the atapi-cd changes in it. The changes did work. I sent
Soren an email telling him that they worked and he committed his
changes to current the next day. I tried doing a patch < diff_file but
it didn't like the diff file for some reason. So, I copied and pasted
the 4 new lines and deleted the others. The changes he committed for
acd_close_disk and acd_close_track don't have the "#if" structure in
it. It just has the int8_t ccb and the return.

This whole process got me curious and I went snooping. If you start at
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/ and choose -current or -stable, you
can walk your way down to the sources. In this case, the atapi-cd.c
source for current is located at
ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.org/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current/src/sys/dev/ata/atapi-cd.c.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA