Date:      Tue, 24 Jun 1997 11:36:10 -0400
From:      "J.D. Falk" <jdfalk@cybernothing.org>
To:        Manar Hussain <manar@ivision.co.uk>
Cc:        marcin@v-m.com, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Multipe Domains on a single IP

On Jun 24, Manar Hussain <manar@ivision.co.uk> wrote:

> (b) It *WILL* work with most modern browsers - problem is it doesn't (I
> believe) work with the AOL browser and possibly some other online services

	I don't want to get into a religious war here, but even
	in the really early days of the web (like, back when gopher
	was more popular) the term "most modern browsers" included
	anything which had come out within the last six months to
	a year...and my own referer logs (when I bothered to keep
	them, a few months ago) showed a surprising number of folks
	still running Netscape 0.94!

	From a networking point of view, the VirtualHost kludge
	should never have been allowed to happen.  But we can't get
	rid of it by alienating a large percentage of users; it's
	just too soon.  (IMHO.)

J.D. Falk                                        voice: +1-415-482-2840
Supervisor, Network Operations                     fax: +1-415-482-2844
PRIORI NETWORKS, INC.                             http://www.priori.net
           "The People You Know.  The People You Trust."