Date:      Sat, 9 May 1998 10:57:18 -0500 (GMT+5)
From:      CyberPsychotic <fygrave@freenet.bishkek.su>
To:        brian mitchell <brian@deity.loa.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   bpf

> Use bpf, it is the same as sock packet, except it does not suck nearly as
> much.

 yeah. That's what i need. but i got stuck abit with using bpf. I looked
to the manual page for bpf. Some things confused me there aliltle. Would
you mind clarifying it abit:

+++ from manual page for bpf +++

The packet filter appears as a character special device, /dev/bpf0,
/dev/bpf1, etc.  After opening the device, the file descriptor must be
bound to a specific network interface with the BIOCSETIF ioctl.  A given
interface can be shared be multiple listeners, and the filter underlying
each descriptor will see an identical packet stream.  The total number of
open files is limited to the value given in the kernel co

+++ end of quote +++

could you please give the sample of BIOCSETIF ioctl call? I think i should
ivolve some particular structure or something here, but i checked manual
and didn't find any reference
(like in Linux i used :
    strcpy(ifr.ifr_name, interface);

        if (ioctl(s, SIOCGIFFLAGS, &ifr) < 0)
        {
                perror("ioctl(SIOCGIFFLAGS)");
                return 1;
        }

)

 would appreciate any sample code or hints,...

 Thanks beforehands

Fyodor