Date:      Sat, 16 Jan 1999 17:58:57 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
To:        ben@rosengart.com
Cc:        Oliver Graemer <graemer@okay.net>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: freebsd for alpha?

On Sat, 16 Jan 1999, Snob Art Genre wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Jan 1999, Oliver Graemer wrote:
>
> > - When will FreeBSD available for the Alpha architecture (spec.
> > Universal Desktop Box)?
>
> FreeBSD runs on Alphas now.  I don't know about the specific machine in
> question, but check the web pages at http://www.freebsd.org, there
> should be a compatibility list there somewhere.

FreeBSD works just fine on the UDB.  We don't yet support some of its
devices (tga, floppy, pccard).  There are possibilities of tga support in
the fairly near future and someone promised to work on the floppy driver.
I don't expect anyone to tackle pccard anytime soon though.

--
Doug Rabson				Mail:  dfr@nlsystems.com