Date:      Thu, 4 Jun 1998 21:05:30 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "David H. Brierley" <dave@galaxia.com>
To:        albert kinderman <vcmgt00b@email.csun.edu>
Cc:        Dave Marquardt <marquard@zilker.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Plug'n'Play [Was Re: Plug'n'play and PPP]

On Thu, 4 Jun 1998, albert kinderman wrote:

> On 4 Jun 1998, Dave Marquardt wrote:
>
> I just rebuilt the kernel with the changes to sio.c.  The only difference
> is that the message CSN 1 disabled appears after the CSN 1 Vendor ID line.
>
> Any more tips?  Thanks.

In order to get my Supra 336 to work on my ancient 486 machine, I had to
boot to the configuration program (type -c at the boot prompt) and then
enable the modem by typing the following:

pnp 1 0 enable os irq0 3 drq0 0 port0 0x2f8

This set the modem for sio1.  If you want a different port you will need
to change the irq and port values.

--
David H. Brierley
    dave@galaxia.com