Date:      Mon, 28 Oct 1996 07:13:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jamie Clark <jamie@eri.erinet.com>
To:        Keith Leonard <keithl@gil.net>
Cc:        Questions FreeBSD <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: psm0 rat

On Mon, 28 Oct 1996, Keith Leonard wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> In the kernel file (the one you copied to "YOURKERNEL") when you compiled,
> check the line for psm0 and make sure the line doesn't read "disable"
> somewhere. I had the same problem and removal of the offending word
> cleared the problem up.

I did that.  That's how I'm geting a device not found at 0x60.  I was
trying to infur that accound to WinProbe 95 that the keyboard and mouse
were PCI devices.  The kernel source assumes that they are ISA devices.  I
was wondering if someone had a utility that probed ranges for the psm0
device.

> Keith
>
>  On Sat, 26 Oct 1996, Jamie Clark wrote:
>

> > Hello FreeBSD World,
> >
> > I bought a Pionex Model number 5200PMPC-A-V3 (Genuine Intel Pentium 200MHz
> > on an Intel chip set motherboard model number MB-8500TVX-A Ver:2.  The
> > Layout of Mainboard gives names to Intel chips.).  It has a PS/2 mouse
> > port.  According to Quarterdecks WinProbe 95, the keyboard and mouse are
> > on *PMP0303 and the rat port on *PNP0F13.  I tried to build a kernal with
> > the psm0 device enabled as per Installing And Running FreeBSD, but upon
> > bootup the kernal reports it can't find the rat at 0x60.  How do change
> > the parameters to get this Walnut Creek CDROM version of 2.1.5 August 1996
> > kernal to find my rat so I can run X11?
> Keith
> keithl@gil.net
> Character is what you are in the dark -  John Warfin

Thank you in advance,

Jamie

--
To be truly aware of your effect on others is to be truly conscious.
jamie@erinet.com; http://members.tripod.com/~mindysue/