Date:      Fri, 17 Jul 1998 17:55:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Robert G. Brown" <rgb@phy.duke.edu>
To:        "Patrick W. Bryant" <daspwb@Queequeg.Gsu.EDU>
Subject:   Re: 5.1.0-pre2-to-pre3

On Fri, 17 Jul 1998, Patrick W. Bryant wrote:

> OK, I re-compiled without SMP and still no dice.  Hangs in the same place
> with the same output.

Do you get the Data Parity Error message?

One other thing; the controllers on this motherboard live behind a PCI
bridge.  I did boot one of them from a fairly current freebsd boot
floppy a friend of mine provided (trying not to crow about freebsd's
advantage TOO much:-) and he suggested that the pci bridge itself
might create a problem.  I don't know why in particular that might be
so, but I thought I'd throw it out.

   rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb@phy.duke.edu