Date:      Thu, 10 Dec 1998 15:23:13 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>
To:        mjacob@feral.com
Cc:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@plutotech.com>, scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tandberg TDC 3600 on CAM, 3.0-R

>If it prior to CCS, it won't have VPD info.
>
>I really don't follow what the quirk is supposed to accomplish.

The quirks would remain 'Don't fetch the compression page' or 'Don't get
VPD info', or whatever.  The proposed change is that the inquiry quirk
matching function allows you to specify the revision of the device to match
so you can add a 'default SCSI I quirk entry' or a 'default SCSI III' quirk
table entry.  That way, instead of hard coding places in the code based on
device revision, you continue to operate based on device 'feature' or
'quirk'.

--
Justin