Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2000 22:47:23 -0600 (CST)
From:      Ryan Thompson <freebsd@sasknow.com>
To:        Colin Campbell <sgcccdc@citec.qld.gov.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FTP: 425 Can't build data connection: operation timed out

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Colin Campbell wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wrote this litle piece of goods cos I like "snoop". See if this tells
> you anything useful. I have to ask this, but are you sure nothing has
> changed in the ipfw setup?

Nope... Haven't rebooted in about a month (did some wiring in the office),
and, aside from the playing around I did with the routing tables today
after I discovered it broken, nothing has changed that I'm aware of.  This
machine, in its current state, has previously logged many months of
uptime, without ever experiencing problems like this.  I may have to give
it the old fastboot treatment after all...  Hopefully my NIC isn't on the
way out, either :-)

That's an interesting script, to say the least.  However, it produces
*WAY* too much output on a busy server... Even if I pipe to a file, it has
trouble keeping up.  I'll see if I can modify it to look for particulars
:-)

--
  Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>	50% Owner, Sysadmin
  SaskNow Technologies     		http://www.sasknow.com
  #106-380 3120 8th St E   		Saskatoon, SK  S7H 0W2