Date:      Fri, 16 Jun 2000 15:19:06 -0600
From:      Chris Wasser <cwasser@v-wave.com>
To:        Billy <billy@speakeasy.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: proc size mismatch error

--a8Wt8u1KmwUX3Y2C

On Fri, Jun 16, 2000 at 11:35:21AM -0700, Billy wrote:
> rm -rf /usr/[obj|src]/*
> cvsup'd 4.x w/ crytpo
> cd /usr/src
> make include
> make buildworld
> make installworld
> cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf
> config GENERIC
> config GEMINI (optimized kernel conf, includes SMP support)
> cd ../../compile/GENERIC
> make depend && make && make install
> cp /kernel /kernel.GENERIC
> cd ../GEMINI
> make depend && make && make install
> shutdown -r now

I realize we all may have different methods of doing this, but the error you posted about I've seen before and it was a result
of not running updated source with a newer kernel (ie; they were out of sync) which a world fixed, however, I noticed you do
yours a little differently, I thought I'd throw my 2 cents in for what works for me (who knows, may help you out):

cd /usr/obj && chflags -R noschg * && rm -rf *
cd /usr/src && cvsup src-supfile [which contains src-all/cvs-crypto/doc-all]
make clean && make -j4 buildworld

[ time passes ]
[ shutdown to single user mode ]

cd /usr/src && make installworld
cp /usr/src/etc/MAKEDEV /dev && cd /dev && sh MAKEDEV all
mergemaster
cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf && /usr/obj/usr/src/usr.sbin/config/config -r AREA51
cd ../../compile/AREA51 && make clean && make depend && make

[ time passes ]

make install
fastboot

<EOF>

That's what I do, seems to have worked just fine from 3.0-RELEASE up to my current 4.0-STABLE with no problems. Also, as a
afterthought, I noticed you're not rebuilding /dev or synchronizing /etc ... At any rate, hope this helps.

--a8Wt8u1KmwUX3Y2C

--a8Wt8u1KmwUX3Y2C--