Date:      Fri, 2 Aug 2002 11:40:55 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
To:        John Utz <john@utzweb.net>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: href=rtsp

> 'video/vnd.mpegurl' and stuff like that.

Well, when we come to the rtsp://bla/bla.mp4 url, what mime.type would
you suggest? I think rtsp is just rtsp. If it is http, real did choose
applicatin/binary or something for http://bla/bla.mp4. video/mpeg would be
fine, if you can live with errors, but that means that the file gets
downloaded and played after, not streamed.

SDP files contain some special mime types for the media.

> the other thing to note is that most players have significant 'url-ish
> capacities' built into them, so they are capable of accessing urls and
> resolving them appropriately.

And if they can play playlists aka series of urls ;-)

> btw, that page is pretty cool.

Thanks,

H.

A pity that real envivio refuses to play mp4s, that play fine with QT.
Anyway, the href=rtsp link at
http://212.202.128.197/~uzs106/ is real (Thanks, if anybody here is
responsible for the rtsp url. IMHO the only reasonable stable
rtsp://bla/bla.mp4 url in the net.)