Date:      Thu, 3 Feb 2005 01:13:07 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        "Ken Hawkins" <ken@complex.heavybit.com>, "Ken Hawkins" <rosewoodblues@mac.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: apache13_modssl + mod_php4 + php4-extenstions + mysql323-* +myphpadmin = ...

Hi Ken,

  I just got done installing Horde/IMP and I hate to tell you but
php.ini doesen't even exist.  From the looks of it the ports people
got together and worked out an alternative way of specifying variables
for php instead of using php.ini.  Probably to avoid the problems
that you mentioned of ports overwriting php files.

> any help is greatly appreciated as I am ready to tear it out and go
> again....

Well, here's how I did it:

1) Install apache

cd /usr/ports/www/apache13-modssl
webmail# make install
cd /usr/local/etc/apache/ssl.csr
openssl req -new > server.csr
cd /usr/local/etc/apache/ssl.key
openssl rsa -in ../ssl.csr/privkey.pem -out server.key
cd /usr/local/etc/apache/ssl.crt
openssl x509 -in ../ssl.csr/server.csr -out server.crt -req -signkey
../ssl.key/server.key -days 365
 vi /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf
    around line 1124 in the:
##
## SSL Virtual Host Context
##

group, comment out ServerName new.host.name  (apache can determine it's
own name on boot)
and change ServerAdmin to xxx@yyyzzz

 cd /etc
 vi rc.conf

add in:

apache_enable="YES"
apache_flags="-DSSL"
apache_pidfile="/var/run/httpd.pid"

reboot server to make sure it starts

2) Install mysql

cd /usr/ports/databases/mysql40-server
make "OVERWRITE_DB=yes" install

this installs both the server and the client libraries and links them
together

Mod /etc/rc.conf and add:

mysql_enable="YES"

3) Install  PHP4

 cd /usr/ports/databases/php4-mysql
make install

this installs php4 and ties it into the SQL server

The httpd.conf file must also be modified to add the following:

AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

4)...from this point on everything else is IMP/Horde specific.  but I
think
now you could install myphpadmin and it would work fine now.

Ted