Date:      Thu, 27 Feb 2003 21:32:02 +0900 (KST)
From:      CHOI Junho <cjh@kr.FreeBSD.org>
To:        bra@fsn.hu
Cc:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Performance tuning hints of gigabit networking?

From: Attila Nagy <bra@fsn.hu>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 11:18:48 +0100 (CET)

> Hello,
>
> > 3. Usually thttpd use mmap() for caching contents in memory. Our
> >    service file(only static files) varies from 10k ~
> >    300Mbytes. Sometimes thttpd denies request with 500 internal error,
> >    resetting mmap() buffers.
> I faced that problem years ago, contacted the authour, who said:
> "don't serve big files with thttpd, use something else"

Yes. thttpd tries to mmap() everything, when memory is full, it
releases all mmap()'ed entries, and reload again. That's why I try
thttpd patched to use sendfile() instead of mmap().

--
CHOI Junho <http://www.kr.FreeBSD.org/~cjh>;     KFUG <cjh at kr.FreeBSD.org>
FreeBSD Project <cjh at FreeBSD.org>        Web Data Bank <cjh at wdb.co.kr>