Date:      Sat, 13 Jan 2007 11:58:42 -0600
From:      "Jeremy Messenger" <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        andy@neu.net
Cc:        freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sound juicer problem

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 02:18:01 -0600, <andy@neu.net> wrote:

> Mezz:
>
>> I'm having a problem with sound-juicer on a new install on 6.2 and Gn=
ome
>> 2.16.1.  When I try to start sound-juicer, I receive the following
>> message:
>> # /usr/local/bin/sound-juicer
>>
>> ** (sound-juicer:41801): WARNING **: hal_initialize failed: Failed to=

>> connect to socket /var/run/dbus/dbus.pipe: No such file or directory
>>
>> ** (sound-juicer:43954): WARNING **: hal_initialize failed: Failed to=

>> connect to socket /var/run/dbus/dbus.pipe: Socket operation on
> non-socket
>>
>> uname -a:
>> FreeBSD opteron.foo.bar 6.2-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 6.2-PRERELEASE #1: Sat=

> Jan
>> 6 11:44:44 IST 2007
> root@opteron.foo.bar:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MYKERNEL
>> i386
>>
>> Any ideas what the problem is, and how to fix it?
>
>> Do you have these lines below in your /etc/rc.conf?
>
>> dbus_enable=3D"YES"
>> polkitd_enable=3D"YES"
>> hald_enable=3D"YES"
>
>> Cheers,
>> Mezz
>

> Thanks, I put the lines in rc.conf and now sound juicer works fine.
>
> I am having a problem mounting my digital camera, it is a Nikon Coolpi=
x  =

> 7600.  It shows up in dmesg:
> ugen0: NIKON NIKON DSC E7600-PTP, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 2
>
> and from usbdevs:
>   addr 2: NIKON DSC E7600-PTP, NIKON
>
> not getting anything about umass or da0.
>
> I have the following lines in /boot/loader.conf:
> usb_load=3D"YES"
> umass_load=3D"YES"
>
> in rc.conf I have:
> usbd_enable=3DYES
> dbus_enable=3D"YES"
> polkitd_enable=3D"YES"
> hald_enable=3D"YES"
>
> and I have umass enabled in the kernel config
>
> When I try to mount I get the following:
> # mount -t msdos /dev/da0s1c /mnt
> mount_msdosfs: /dev/da0s1c: No such file or directory

Are you sure it is /dev/da0s1c? Try to check in /dev and see what you ha=
ve.

> Not sure what the problem is, any help is appreciated.

Me either, try to ask in freebsd-usb@ or freebsd-question@.

Cheers,
Mezz

> Andy

-- =

mezz7@cox.net  -  mezz@FreeBSD.org
FreeBSD GNOME Team  -  FreeBSD Multimedia Hat (ports, not src)
http://www.FreeBSD.org/gnome/  -  gnome@FreeBSD.org
http://wiki.freebsd.org/multimedia  -  multimedia@FreeBSD.org