Date:      Wed, 23 Aug 1995 00:02:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Steve Rose <rose@dml.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PCI Diamond Stealth Video dram on 1.1.5.1

On Sun, 20 Aug 1995, Steve Rose wrote:

> I'm trying to use a Diamond Stealth Video Dram card on an Asus P55TP4XE
> on the PCI bus.  I'm just trying to use it in normal VGA mode.  During
> boot, I get a message that indicates that the card was found as
> graphics0.  The next line is this:
>
> ptdi 1ad063, va f3c00000
>
> Then a '>' on a line by itself, then the boot stops.

I solved it.  Since I'm using the NCR PCI drivers, I checked
ftp.uni-koeln.de for a more recent version of the NCR drivers.  There was
one from October 26, 1994.  This one had a change to pcisupport.c.  I
rebuilt the kernel using that version and everything works just fine.
Just wanted to keep anyone from scratching their head.  Thanks.

Steve Rose