Date:      Thu, 02 May 1996 12:18:17 -0700
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
To:        Sujal Patel <smpatel@umiacs.umd.edu>
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>, freebsd-current@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LINUX COMPAT_LINUX

>On Thu, 2 May 1996, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>
>> I'ts renamed to COMPAT_LINUX, which I'm told is also bad, but at least
>> it doesn't break the compile of the kernel.
>>
>> It may change name again if COMPAT_LINUX is too bad for compatibility...
>
>COMPAT_LINUX is also what NetBSD uses.  Let's keep it this way, so that we
>are a little bit more standard.
>

>Sujal

I believe that the Linux gcc defines "linux" not "LINUX", so any code
in our tree that is supposed to have conditional code for Linux should
use the lowercase  define.  The only place I know of that uses this
right now is the sequencer code for the aic7xxx driver.
--
Justin T. Gibbs
  FreeBSD: Turning PCs into workstations