Date:      Mon, 26 Aug 1996 13:34:22 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Rob Snow <rsnow@lgc.com>
To:        Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: P6 hardware (was Re: My worldstone numbers)

On Mon, 26 Aug 1996, Brian Tao wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Aug 1996, Rob Snow wrote:
> >
> > My Hardware:
> > 	P6-233/256 cache / Natoma / 64MB EDO
>
>     Where can I find more details on getting a "Natoma" motherboard?
> I recall seeing something about it in the lists, but I stupidly
> deleted the messages before realizing I may be in the market for P6
> systems relatively soon.

I'll tell you what I THINK I know about the 440FX chipset (aka Natoma).
>From Intel, a lower cost/chip count alternative to 450[GV]X (aka Orion).
It supports (on my board) 2 CPU's, EDO, BEDO, FPM RAM.  It DOESN'T support
memory interleaving or DIMMS as the Orion does.  However, as we know,
Orion has had mucho problemos.

I'd guess the Natoma is a workstation chipset and the Orion is designed to
be a server chipset.

BTW, I'm seeing bare bones (1 CPU, case, ps, motherboard with support 2
CPU's ) for about $1600.

Hope that helps,
Rob