Date:      Tue, 19 Nov 1996 15:24:18 +0200
From:      "Antti Rytsola" <raccoon@dlc.fi>
To:        isp@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Router Purchase - the bottom line

--PART-BOUNDARY=.19611191524.ZM22208.dlc.fi

> My original thinking was that I've seen disk fail more than anything
> on our FreeBsd servers so that I didn't feel comfortable with the
> idea of having a box with a disk running as a router.

	If I remember right the card is installed in to the machine but it's
not used by anything, just taking up some power. So why run anything impo=
rtant
on the machine? Just put some old 386 board on it without harddisks and e=
=2Eg.
leave it on the hdd controller failure prompt or something..

-- =

        					Antti Ryts=F6l=E4
						Data Link Connections
						raccoon@dlc.fi
		=

		=

--PART-BOUNDARY=.19611191524.ZM22208.dlc.fi--