Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 1997 14:07:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Andrew <andrew@ugh.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.2-GAMMA & netatalk

On Wed, 12 Mar 1997, Andrew wrote:

> > Actually it builds out of the box.  Should be pretty straightforward.  And
> > yes, a Makefile is in there.  :)
>
> Would it be worth doing it up as a port then - even one that did no
> modification but just so people could find it easily now the options are
> built in to the kernel?

I've been tempted to do this to a couple of other packages that are
build-from-box just so people can find them.  We would have to ask
ports@freebsd.org if this is OK rationale for a port.  The only problem
with Netatalk is that since it is a beta, there is a pretty high
percentage chance of the distfile going away and breaking the port.