Date:      Thu, 13 Mar 1997 14:20:58 +0200 (EET)
From:      mika ruohotie <bsdhack@shadows.aeon.net>
To:        tom@sdf.com (Tom Samplonius)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Panic with ahc driver

> > coz i originally fired up the ccd on 2.1.5 and went to 2.1.7 and then to
> > stable and still fast disk i/o caused atleast scsi hangs... occasionally
>   You should sup stable, it has a newer ahc driver.

uh... look again... i am on stable now... :p

>   Also, do you ahc_tagenable, and/or ahc_scbpaging enabled?  Some drive
> and/or adapters don't like these.

nope.

i dont think 2.1 would even let me to have those...

the error messages i had just before breaking ccd apart, coz it didnt let
me to do much of any drive i/o, mentioned SCBs, but i dont have those on logs.

at that time i already ran stable. and after taking ccd off line i still
got so far one unexplainable reboot during daily... (earlier i had probs
with daily too, phasetimeouts anf stuff)

did i just overheat the drives? box has several fans, drives are 7200rpm
2.15GB fujitsu ultra's...

> Tom

mickey