Date:      Sat, 17 May 1997 19:37:08 +0200
From:      Stefan `Sec` Zehl <sec@42.org>
To:        Branson Matheson <branson.matheson@ferginc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NFS Stale File Handle.

On Fri, May 16, 1997 at 10:53:40PM +0200, Branson Matheson wrote:

>  I have an NFS stale file handle on a box that was placed there by amd
>  I believe. I cannot seem to get rid of it... any ideas? I was told
>  that there may be a process still trying to access that unmounted
>  partition... but I cannot find it ... I seem to remember another way
>  to do this .. but cannot remember .. can anyone point me in the right
>  direction?

Hmm, i'm not sure about the "process that accesses it", but if it is
indeed so, try "lsof" which will help you finding that process :) -
otherwise you could try an umount -f (for forcible umount) which might
help aswell

CU,
    Sec

--
I didn't say we *can't* do it. In fact we can. We also can calculate digits
of sqrt(2) in the background, drive space shuttles, or have an AI algorithm