Date:      Sat, 28 Dec 2002 21:34:46 +0100
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <P.Dawidek@prioris.mini.pw.edu.pl>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recovering data after fdisk -BI.

On Sat, Dec 28, 2002 at 01:50:20PM -0500, Robert Watson wrote:
+> > Please tell me, that there is some way to recover /dev/ad0s2a.
+>
+> Try:
+>
+>   http://www.watson.org/~robert/scan_ffs_freebsd4.tgz
+>
+> This is an adaptation of the OpenBSD scan_ffs(8) tool, which searches for
+> superblocks and reconstructs a disk label from the results.  It's not
+> perfect, but actually works surprisingly well.  It recognizes only UFS1
+> file systems, but could do UFS2 with fairly trivial changes.

Thanks, but too late... I'm rebuilding system now.

But this could be interesting. My problems starts when I couldn't boot
machine. After selecting boot partition (F2) it shows me, that there
is no kernel and I couldn't boot machine even in single mode.
I've try to write BootMgr once again, but this doesn't help.

I've mount partitions without any problems, but I couldn't boot from
this disk. It is Seagate Barracuda ATA IV, 80GB.
I'm successful boot from this disk for few times and I'm booting
new, just rebuilded system too. I've have no idea what and when
fucked up. Disk is new and it seems to be ok.
This was UFS2 if I remeber well.

BTW.
fetch: http://www.watson.org/~robert/scan_ffs_freebsd4.tgz: Not Found

What is correct URL? It could be useable for me in a future.

--
Pawel Jakub Dawidek
UNIX Systems Administrator