Date:      Sun, 02 Apr 2000 12:45:27 -0700
From:      Nick Sayer <nsayer@quack.kfu.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Johan Larsson <johan@ludd.luth.se>, Akinori -Aki- MUSHA <knu@idaemons.org>
Subject:   Re: Vmware 1.1?

Johan Larsson wrote:

> On Sat, 1 Apr 2000, Akinori -Aki- MUSHA wrote:
>
> > DES has once told me that a license for VMware 2.0 would apply to 1.1.
> > I've not confirmed myself, it would be worth a try for you!
>
> Okie, i'll try that. :-)
>
> I got vmware2 to work, but now it doesn't seem to want to boot windows98
> :/ Anyone else having the same problem? I got the installation finished
> and a login box, but i rebooted it before i logged in and now it doesn't
> seem to boot any more. (i did a correct reboot and not a reset ;)

win98 works fine for me. Some more details might be helpful. What sort
of "disk" do you have (i.e. virtual, plain, raw?). In what way does
it fail to boot?

> Is the Fullscreen mode disabled because vmware only seems to see the
> sysmouse? (I run PS/2 and not sysmouse :/ )

No. Fullscreen mode more specifically does not work if you enter a text
mode
(e.g. you are in a DOS box in win9x and hit alt-enter). VMware will
attempt, under these circumstances, to actually set up and use a Linux
vty for those circumstances, and the linuxulator is not up to it.
You will end up crashing the guest.