Date:      Sat, 8 Jun 1996 11:57:24 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        chuckr@Glue.umd.edu (Chuck Robey)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RS422/485 driver update

Chuck Robey stands accused of saying:

> Michael, the .sch file seems to be missing from the tar file, could you
> put it up?

The schematic is 'rsrssch.prn'; I didn't but the Protel schematic file in
there because I figured that it wouldn't be particularly useful.
(I should have renamed the '.prn' files to '.ps', that was slack.)

Anyway, it's there in  the Protel format as well if that's helpful.

> This seems really interesting for me, tho I cna't tell right now hwo long
> it will take me to get to a keen application.  Most modern theatres (at
> least in the US) use an RS485 interface, in conjuntion with an incredibly
> simple protocol and hardware, to control lighting.  The consoles that do
> this are really expensive, and it seems like a real good application for
> me to fiddle with.  Real time for such folks isn't the same real-time as
> it is for you and me, at least in my talks with local theatre folk seem
> to indicate.  Cheap is important!

Well cheap certainly wins with this stuff.  Not to mention robust & a
doddle to work with.