Date:      Tue, 02 Jul 1996 12:50:28 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Sujal Patel <smpatel@umiacs.umd.edu>
Cc:        "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>, ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com, freebsd-hackers@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sound Blaster PNP - just how to do it (using Sujal's PNP &  2.1-RELEASE?)

>From The Desk Of Sujal Patel :
> On Tue, 2 Jul 1996, Christoph P. Kukulies wrote:
>
> > While being at it: Is the SB PnP suitable for doing full duplex i/o (dma)
> > like the GUS cards making it an alternate choice for using it with
> > conferencing tools? (vat, etc.)
>
> This is not yet possible under FreeBSD, unless you use Amancio's TASD
> distribution(?)...

In think what I have over here is  sound driver 3.5 + enhancements + patches.
You may be able to make the SB PnP work in full duplex however the driver
will have to be changed slightly to accomodate the SB PnP. Is my
understanding that the SB 16 supports simultaneously 8 bit recording and 16 bit
playback.

	Tnks,
	Amancio