Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 1996 16:13:59 +1000 (EST)
From:      Joel Sutton <suttonj@interconnect.com.au>
To:        Quanah Mount <fxqjm@aurora.alaska.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: PPP

Quanah,

On Wed, 21 Aug 1996, Quanah Mount wrote:

> uaf:
>  set phone 4740771
>  set login "-\\n-name>--name> fxqjm word> holybats > c ppp"
>  set timeout 120
>  set ifaddr 0 0

I had some similar problem when I was first getting used to PPP. After
some experimentation I found out that I had to do something like this:

add 0 0 <gateway IP>

The IP number of my ISP's terminal server is the gateway address I use. I
haven't found a way to make it completely automatic yet as I keep getting
a different terminal server each time I dial up. Default route stuff (I
think).

Do a "show route" from the PPP > prompt when you next make an attempt. You
need to look out for an entry maked default.

I hope my hotch-potch help helps.

Cheers, Joel...