Date:      Thu, 10 Oct 1996 22:07:21 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Veggy Vinny <richardc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>, nate@mt.sri.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make world fails in -current

On Thu, 10 Oct 1996, Chuck Robey wrote:

> > > 	Thanks, this seems to have fixed it... =)
> >
> > Then may I suggest unsetting NOCLEAN or NOCLEANDIR so that 'make
> > world' will do this automatically?

	I never had NOCLEAN or NOCLEANDIR set in the first place since
make world by default is supposed to do the make clean....  I deleted
everything in /usr/src and resupped the entire src tree and the same thing
happened...  There was also no .depend file in the src or the obj
directory for the cvs lib.

> > The Mt. Erebus crater-minimisation fund will be eternally grateful.
>
> You realize that wouldn't help him?  He had trash files in his regular
> /usr/src, not his /usr/obj.  Unless I'M full of trash ... (it happens).

	Yeah, I don't know what happened... All I know was I was doing the
make world over a telnet connection....  GaiaNet is 900 miles away and the
connection lagged so much, it cut me off so when I tried to do make world,
it just break there even after deleting everything and resupping...  Guess
the /usr/obj directory has something that wasn't deleted causing it to
break while there was no .depend file in sight...

-Vince- GaiaNet Corporation Unix Networking Operations