Date:      Wed, 05 Mar 1997 16:38:49 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@freebsd.org>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        FreeBSD current <freebsd-current@freefall.freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: cvs tree breakage (ctm)

Hi, Reference:
> From: Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
> Subject: Re: cvs tree breakage (ctm)

> I maintain my cvs tree via ctm, and for the first time, I have some
> breakage here.

I'm at cvs-cur.3112.gz ctm deltas auto applied by ctm_rmail, no problems.
I haven't run a CVS extract lately though, as I'm short of space so I only have
1 reference CVS tree, & not a /usr/cvs as well for working purposes,
If I sym link the 2, & run a test export :
	cvs -l -n export -D4-Mar world
does nothing, &
	cvs export -D4-Mar world
complains:
	cvs export: Updating .
	cvs export: failed to create lock directory in repository `/usr/cvs/.': Permission denied
(my reference tree is chwon'ed daemon:daemon,
as I don't want any cvs operations disturbing my CTM maintained tree).

If anyone knows how to do an export from a read only CVS tree,
I'd like to know please, for 2 reasons:
	- I'd like to if I have Chuck's problem.
	- Mostly I want to `export' not `checkout',
	  as that should (but doesnt) save me ~330 Meg of dup'ed CVS/.

Julian
--
Julian H. Stacey	jhs@freebsd.org  	http://www.freebsd.org/~jhs/