Date:      Sun, 3 Jan 1999 11:45:19 -0800 (PST)
From:      Alex Zepeda <garbanzo@hooked.net>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        Wiliam Woods <wwoods@cybcon.com>, FBSD_QUESTIONS <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: pgcc-1.1.1

On Mon, 4 Jan 1999, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Jan 1999, Wiliam Woods wrote:
>
> > So, I assume that pgcc will not compile the kernel either then, correct ?
>
> pgcc would lack the same freebsd-local compiler extensions, I would imagine,
> yes.

That's enough cross-posting :^)

Secondly, if you take out the -elf and the -fformat-extensions out you'll
get a bunch of warnings, but things should compile.  As far as I know,
everything but libstdc++/libg++ should compile.  And those two are
replaced by egcs's own c++ lib anyways.

Thirdly, William, egcs/pgcc are relatively untested in FreeBSD.  Perhaps
you should stick with gcc 2.7.x.

- alex