Date:      Tue, 24 Feb 1998 21:51:09 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@horton.iaces.com>
To:        butler@arl.mil (Lee A. Butler)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Booteasy configuration

In a previous message, Lee A. Butler said:
> I'm setting up a FreeBSD system for a friend and would like to "configure"
> the menu that booteasy presents.  His disk contains:
>
> 	Partition	FS Type		OS
>      --------------------------------------------
> 	1		FAT		WinNT
> 	2		freebsd		FreeBSD
> 	3		FAT		Win95
>
> Since both Win95 and WinNT are using FAT filesystems, Booteasy lists them
> as "DOS":
>
> 	F1 . . . dos
> 	F2 . . . BSD
> 	F3 . . . dos
>
> What program writes the boot sector to disk?  How do I edit the labels for the
> partitions?  I have not been able to find any man pages on "Booteasy".

Booteasy is a pretty old program and not very smart. I don't think you
can edit it. You might try osbs instead, you can name each partition
what you want. You can find it in the tools directory. Both versions
work fine.

--
"I love cats because I love my home, and little by little they become
 its visible soul." -- J.Cocteau