Date:      Sat, 9 May 1998 00:39:09 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <perlsta@fang.cs.sunyit.edu>
To:        Nicholas Charles Brawn <ncb05@uow.edu.au>
Cc:        Sanjit Roy <fiber@phy.iitkgp.ernet.in>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how safe is FreeBSD 2.2.5

there were a few problems with the "stock" 2.2.5 release in terms of
security. the 2.2.6 release is much better from what i've heard.

you also have the option installing a 2.2.5 machine and cvsuping, or
dowloading a "SNAP" release of a lterer dated 2.2.6 release.

i think you should look at:
(ftp URLS)
releng22.freebsd.org (not sure about this one)
current.freebsd.org (this one is most likely around)
and of course:
ftp.freebsd.org

you can get SNAP relases from those sites.

-Alfred