Date:      Thu, 12 Nov 1998 11:59:37 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Larry S. Lile" <lile@stdio.com>
To:        "Ron G. Minnich" <rminnich@Sarnoff.COM>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PCI device question

On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, Ron G. Minnich wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Nov 1998, Larry S. Lile wrote:
> > What is the "64 byte PCI configuration space header" and where do I get
> > that from (what pci_* call)
> >
> > I already know the io-base address, dma-level, csn, pci slot, ... from
> > another call.
>
> That's where stuff like base address etc. are. If you have pulled out
> base address info via config read and friends then you already know. If
> you are not pulling base etc. out via config reads then you have to fix
> your driver :-)
>
> Functions look like this:
> int data = pci_conf_read(tag, PCI_CLASS_REG);
>
> Are you using these?

No, there is a probe function in the driver kit that will find all
of the adapters presumably through PIO, so I have not neede to
delve into this yet.  They then want a pointer into the right spot
in memory for the config. info passed into another function.

What I need is a way to get a pointer (char *) to the beginning
of the config. info for a particular card (one with a PCI ID of
108D0001).

Larry Lile
lile@stdio.com