Date:      Mon, 5 May 1997 18:19:20 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        smurfen@ludd.luth.se (Ola Persson)
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux-wabi in FreeBSD

Ola Persson stands accused of saying:

> Has anyone got wabi for Linux running with the Linux emu in FreeBSD ?

There was discussion some time back about a copy being obtained and
someone working on the issues.  I haven't seen anything recently.

> First of all, the script /opt/abi looks for /proc/meminfo, a program that
> exists on a linux system and is a plain textfile containing information
> about systemmemory.

Is it a program or a textfile?  8) Actually, it's neither.  We could
possibly simulate this, or at least fake it.  Care to describe its
format?

> Ok, I skipped that and tried to run /opt/wabi/bin/wabiprog, and first the
> console yells lots of Linux-emul(248): modify_ldt() not supported

That's correct.  It looks like it would have to be implemented.  This
would be an excellent beginner's project; modify_ldt() and the BSD
functions i386_set_ldt and i386_get_ldt are all clearly documented
in their respective manpages.

> nyone got this working, or do we have to wait for the guys hacking on the
> linux-emu to hack on it some more ? :)

If you don't think you can do this (hint; should take less than 10 lines
of code), then someone who can needs a copy of Wabi (hint hint).