Date:      Sat, 8 Jun 1996 02:58:16 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Dave Andersen <angio@aros.net>
To:        michaelh@cet.co.jp (Michael Hancock)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Testing DE driver

You may wish to try tcpblast - it does basically what it sounds like. :-)
It's in the packages collection in benchmarking/tcpblast-1.0.tgz.

TCPblast is limited to 9999 blocks of 1024 bytes.  So set it up in a
loop:

while 1
tcpblast destination 9999
end

This _will_ work out your network interface, and even more, your
network.  If you can't afford to have a saturated network while you're
doing this -- well, don't. :)

The only problem about this is that it uses constant-sized blocks with
identical content.  You could also try running several concurrent ping
-f's over the network with different pad bytes in each ping.  Or, combine
that with the tcpblast loop. :)

     -Dave Andersen

--
angio@aros.net                Complete virtual hosting and business-oriented
system administration         Internet services.  (WWW, FTP, email)