Date:      Wed, 20 Sep 1995 20:37:33 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        ache@astral.msk.su (=?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?=)
Cc:        CVS-commiters@freefall.freebsd.org, ache@freefall.freebsd.org, cvs-sbin@freefall.freebsd.org, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sbin/slattach uucplock.c Makefile

As =?KOI8-R?Q?=E1=CE=C4=D2=C5=CA_=FE=C5=D2=CE=CF=D7?= wrote:

> I understand. How you do redialing in your case?

I dial manually, so i have to redial manually. :(  I have to dial four
different phone numbers anyway (and hope one of them might be not
BUSY), and that's not handled gracefully by anything than stock UUCP
by now.

(My dialing wrapper has been the major driving force to let slattach
create proper PID files, btw.  This allowed me for an "un-dialer". :)

If i would like to have fully-automated dialing, i would have used
iijppp long since. :-)

> >Well, as long as slattach doesn't give up when the lockfile already
> >exists, i wouldn't mind.
>
> It does, that is lockfiles purpose :-(
> It seems that I need to make lockfiles by an option, not as default case...

An option is fine with me.  Thanks!

--
cheers, J"org

joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de -- http://www.sax.de/~joerg/