Date:      Wed, 12 Jan 2000 02:00:32 +0000
From:      Josef Karthauser <joe@pavilion.net>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>, Kirk McKusick <mckusick@FreeBSD.ORG>, cvs-committers@FreeBSD.ORG, cvs-all@FreeBSD.ORG, brian@hak.lan.Awfulhak.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/contrib/softupdates ffs_softdep.c src/sy

On Wed, Jan 12, 2000 at 12:28:03PM +1030, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> XFree has to know about syscons etc.. because of the previous statement
> I made stating on XFree knows how to futz with the video card when its
> in graphics mode (non VESA).

How many registers need to be set to get into text mode?  Does syscons
only work in text mode by virtue of bios putting the screen in that mode
at boot time, or does it have enough smarts to do it itself?

Joe
--
Josef Karthauser	FreeBSD: Take the red pill and we'll show you just how
Technical Manager	deep the rabbit hole goes. (http://www.uk.freebsd.org)