Date:      Fri, 2 Feb 2001 21:42:55 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Suboptimal mmap of devices on i86

On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 11:16:15AM -0800, John Baldwin wrote:

> On 02-Feb-01 Peter Pentchev wrote:

> >> Huh?  syscall2() is an internal kernel function.  The only thing that might
[snip]

> > NAME
> >      syscall, __syscall - indirect system call
> >
> > ..as used in src/lib/libc/sys/*.c.
>
> I'm not renaming that function.  I'm renaming syscall2() in
> sys/i386/i386/trap.c, which is an internal function only used
> by the kernel for the kernel side of syscall entry.

*Oof*.  Yeah, that's a heavy cluebat, but I did deserve the smack.

Of course I knew there was a syscall() -> syscall2() transition
in the kernel, and I knew that the userland syscall() function had
absolutely nothing to do with that.  And then, of course, I had
to demonstrate lack of basic reading skills.  Sorry.

G'luck,
Peter

--
This would easier understand fewer had omitted.