Date:      Mon, 10 Sep 2001 10:28:36 +0400
From:      Juriy Goloveshkin <juriy@aviaport.ru>
To:        Daniel O'Connor <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: suspend working anymore? acpi?

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 02:52:23PM +0930, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> >  I don't know why acpi-developers think that acpi is ready to load by
> >  default.
> >  on my VAIO suspend doesn't work too.
> >  try to add hint.acpi.0.disable=1 into /boot/device.hints
> Because otherwise no-one will test it?
I tested it. I've tried to report. maybe my reports are bad.
for now I just want to say: I have 2 different notebooks and suspend doesn't
work on both(different reasons). I reported abount that.
I gave to developers info they asked me.
And after reporting I disabled acpi: apm+apmd WORK and DO what I need.
will I test acpi-thing? CERTAINLY yes. but I can test it in most cases only as
'just 2 notebooks owner'.
it's a fact for me: first - test, if works then leave else report and disable.
> Because this is -current and if it isn't tested it's useless?
> It's hardly complex to disable for a -current user (who I would expect would
> read the lists and know of up coming potential problems like this).
ok. I've had 2 problems with CURRENT for a long time. in both cases kernel
does panic. I sent letters to CURRENT, PR, MOBILE with kernel trace and panic-conditions... and? nobody even try to ask me some specific informarion.
on CURRENT I have problems with ppp and vnodes, acpi and keyboard.
I had one with pccard, but thanks to Warner Losh - He helped me.

acpi-developers: thank them. They do very good things. I am contacting with them.
vnode: I posted letter with problem to current-list... nobody had asked.
OK. I did crosspost to last commiters who did commits to /sys/kern/vfs_subr.c
nobody had asked. need I to do PR? may be. but primary I want to know what specific information developers need.

sorry my emotion letter ;(
--
bye
Juriy Goloveshkin