Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 2002 02:04:18 +0100
From:      Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org, "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD/sparc64 install document active in -CURRENT

[I've taken a hint from Bruce and removed freebsd-sparc]
On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 05:43:30PM -0500, John Baldwin wrote:
> You can use text callouts that are directly in the DocBook source IIRC.

You can put <co> elements directly into the <screen> or <programlisting>
elements.  But they will still be using the graphics.  The only way to
use callouts without the critters is to switch to text mode callouts.
This cannot done by changing the SGML source, this needs a modification
to the stylesheets.  Which reminds me that I have to update my article
as I have learned how to disable the images without hacking the system
files...

/s/Udo
--
After the night I've had, on top of the year that I've had, what I really
want is a nice vile kill. But since that's currently off the menu, I'll