Date:      Tue, 6 Aug 2002 14:27:32 +1000
From:      Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: System Management bus support for KT333/VT8233A

On 2002-Aug-01 22:59:48 -0400, John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG> wrote:
>On 01-Aug-2002 Peter Jeremy wrote:
>> I've recently acquired a GigaByte GA-7VRXP which uses a KT333/VT8233A
>> combination.  Unfortunately, this is not recognized by the current
>> SMB code (/sys/pci/viapm.c).
>
>You could just try it and see if it works. :)

My only concern what that there might be something else at that address.
(Judging from the code, VIA seem to like moving this functionality
around).  Having added recognition for my device, it probes:

viapropm0: SMBus I/O base at 0x400
viapropm0: <VIA VT8233A Power Management Unit> port 0x400-0x40f at device 17.0 on pci0
viapropm0: SMBus revision code 0x0
smb0: <SMBus general purpose I/O> on smbus0

I'm not sure if "SMBus revision code 0x0" is a sensible value or not and
xmbmon claims SMBus isn't working and reports silly values it claims to
have extracted via I/O.

Peter