Date:      Tue, 3 Dec 2002 12:15:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        cvs-all@FreeBSD.org, cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: www/en/releases/5.0R todo.sgml

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, John Baldwin wrote:

> On 03-Dec-2002 Julian Elischer wrote:
> > has it been fixed to handle disks > 1TB yet? (I have 3 here)
> > (in the disklabel part) libdisk needs to be fixed to stop treating block
> > numbers and offsets as signed numbers.. (if not yet done)
> > (the real fix would be to extend it to use u_int64_t and
> > add a 'gpt' partition option. but htat can wait until
> > we get CAM support for write16 and read16.)
>
> No, it's not even close.  Do you still have a version of your patch
> around?  If so, I'll try and update it with the recent changes for you
> if need be.

I have changed source (has collissions now unfortunatly)
for both 4.x and 5.0 on teh test machine biggie.vicor-nb.com
It is a scratch machine but it has huge (>1TB) disks (3 of them)
so you can test it there if you want..
It has an up-to-date (mirrored sevveral times daily
PLUS whenever you run "cvsup /etc/cvsupfile" CVS tree
and /usr/src i schecked out.. i.e. a good environment

give the word and you can have alogin

in fact you already havea wheel account..
login jhb
password sysinstall

disks twe0, twe1 and da2 are scratch..
do what you wish with them

source modified for 4.7 to handle th large disks is in:
/mnt/usr/src/lib/libdisk
and
/mnt/usr/src/release/sysinstall
(/mnt is a full 4.x world.. cvs works for the sources checked out there
too. so 'cvs diff' will give teh patches for 4.x.

the changed sources for 5.x are in /usr/src/usr.sbin/sysinstall.changed
and /usr/src/lib/libdisk.changed

but I think that they got filled with collissions when I tried to update
and the were changed to use 64 bit ints.. a more ambitious change.
(but it did work before the collisisons)

Julian