Date:      Tue, 20 Jan 1998 16:59:37 -0700 (MST)
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>
To:        Doug Ledford <dledford@dialnet.net>
Cc:        aic7xxx@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: new aic7xxx.c

In article <XFMail.980120150739.dledford@dialnet.net> you wrote:

> On 20-Jan-98 Luis.G.Silva@inesc.pt wrote:
>>
>>Bad news ! After recompiling the kernel with that new aic7xxx.c, it still
>>does not recognize the SEEPROM. As soon as you have another patch to the
>>aic7xxx.c please send me and I will test it.
>
> Bummer, I may have to contact Tyan about it :(

It's a motherboard controller.  They rarely use an SEEPROM to store
configuration information.  It's usually done by using the same NVRAM
required to save PNP information.  What you should be concentrating on
is getting the probe to recognize that the chip was initialized by a
BIOS and then use the left over BIOS information.

--
Justin