Date:      Tue, 22 Dec 1998 10:59:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Conrad Sabatier <conrads@neosoft.com>
Cc:        Eddie Lawhead <eddie@silk.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and C Programming

On Mon, 21 Dec 1998, Conrad Sabatier wrote:
> On 22-Dec-98 Eddie Lawhead wrote:
> Try working on some of the suggested exercises in K&R.  If you're really
> new to C programming, you'll learn a *lot* just by doing this.
>
> If you want more in-depth information about programming under Unix, get
> "Advanced Programming in the UNIX Environment" by W. Richard Stevens
> (Addison-Wesley publishers).
>
> But again, if you're still new to C, the K&R book should keep you occupied
> for a while.  :-)

I'd suggest _The UNIX Programming Environment_ by Kernighan and Pike.
(Yep, the same K as in K&R)

I've been using a much extended verion of the vis example for years
on SYSV systems.  It was quite a surprise when I discovered FreeBSD
included vis in the base system (and my options didn't work :)

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, Inc.                            dan@dpcsys.com