Date:      Wed, 2 Feb 2022 16:51:39 +0100
From:      Arrigo Marchiori <ardovm@yahoo.it>
To:        office@freebsd.org
Subject:   FOSDEM talk on building Apache OpenOffice

--pAgB8sljkXgY+wU7

my name is Arrigo Marchiori. I am a contributor to the Apache
OpenOffice project and I am writing here in the hope to reach the
maintainers of the FreeBSD port.

In the upcoming FOSDEM [1], that will take place online, Apache
OpenOffice will have its own "Developer room" and will host some
presentations. You will be more than welcome to attend, but
specifically I would like to invite you to take part to my
presentation, that will be on Saturday 5 February between 3 PM and
3.45 PM Central European Time [2].

The topic of my presentation is how to build Apache OpenOffice today,
possibly leveraging virtual machines and containers, and what are the
pros and cons of such technologies when applied to this task.

I can anticipate that in the presentation I will indicate the FreeBSD
port as the easiest way to build Apache OpenOffice from source today,
and will try to point out the huge work you have been doing in order
to keep it building on an evolving system such as FreeBSD, with
evolving dependencies (i.e. the other ports).

In other words, you know better than me how to build OpenOffice
today ;-) and I really appreciate your work.

For this reason, I would really appreciate your presence and
participation at my presentation, not as much for hearing what I have
to say, but rather at the following Q&A time, in order to _hear from
you_ what are _your ideas_ today on this topic, and what technologies,
tools etc. you think may be useful for the Apache OpenOffice
developers and possibly for you, as maintainers, as well.

Please note that I am speaking in my own name, same as I will at
FOSDEM.

Thank you very much for reading up to here!

I hope to see you on-line on Saturday!